Saturday, October 18, 2008

Rossi and Lorenzo waiting on the weather


Saturday, 18 October 2008
Fiat Yamaha will have both Valentino Rossi and Jorge Lorenzo taking off from the front row on Sunday afternoon in Sepang.
Valentino Rossi and Jorge Lorenzo both shone in difficult conditions on Saturday in Sepang, with the Fiat Yamaha duo placing on the front row together for the fourth time this season. The 2008 MotoGP World Champion and this year´s Rookie of the Year in-waiting are expecting a tough fight on Sunday, and are hoping that it happens in the dry.
Valentino Rossi - Second

`The conditions were incredible today and this practice was as much about strategy as it was about qualifying tyres and set-up, because you had to judge the right moment to go out with the right tyre. We worked very well in our garage and managed to make the right decisions every time, so I was at the top or near to it for most of the session and able to constantly make big improvements. When I saw that I´d done a 2´01.9 I thought that I might have the pole, but Dani was even faster so congratulations to him today. Anyway it´s good to be back on the front row because we have been off it for two races, and now we´re in a good place to start our challenge tomorrow. I am really looking forward to the race because I love this track and my M1 is really flying here. However I hope the weather is ok because for sure it will be more fun in the dry!´

Jorge Lorenzo - Third

`It was a strange session today but as the track began to get more and more dry I thought that it would be possible to try for the pole position. I made some good laps but I think in the end, and after so many laps in the wet, I wasn´t quite at the maximum in the dry and I didn´t do the fastest possible lap I could have. Anyway this front row is very important because I am determined to be back on the podium tomorrow and now we are in good shape to fight for that. I hope that the weather is better tomorrow and that we can have a dry race, our bike is working so well here and I am looking forward to the battle.´

No comments: